This Policy applies to information that Tutor Planet (“we”, “our”, “us”) collect about you when you use:
- Our tuition services at Tutor Planet – 8, West End, Llanelli, SA153DN
- Our website tutorplanet.co.uk
Your privacy is critically important to us.
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information is stored and permanently deleted.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
What Personal Information we gather
We may collect some or all of the following information:
- Names of parents
- Contact information including address, telephone numbers and email address
- Names of students
- Students’ DOB, school and year group
- Any medical conditions or disabilities parents choose to disclose about their child
When you enrol your child/children for tuition, you will provide a paper copy of the above information on the Tutor Planet enrolment form. This will be kept in a locked filing cabinet.
Some of the information you provide will be transferred by us to our database on the computer and to our email ‘Contacts’.
When you complete a form on the website www.tutorplanet.co.uk the information you provide will be stored in our email ‘Contacts’.
Why we need and what we do with the information we gather
We have to hold the details of the people who have requested the service in order to provide it. However, we only use these details to provide the service the person has requested and for other closely related purposes. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To communicate with you e.g. general administration, newsletters, notices and other relevant information relating to your child’s tuition at Tutor Planet. We will do this mainly by email and from time to time send you text messages which include important information.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
Access to personal information
Tutor Planet tries to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information on them by making a request to email@example.com or by writing to the address below.
If we do hold information about you, we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone or by email.
If we do hold information about you, and if you believe it is incorrect or incomplete, you can ask us to update it by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to the address below.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of
transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means (passwords and anti-virus software) to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Paper copies of original Enrolment Forms are kept in a locked filing cabinet accessible only by the centre owners.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless are we required by law to do so. We will however pass your details on to a third party if we must acquire any unpaid fees.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described in the section above on ‘Why we need and what we do with the information we gather’ – and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
For example, paper copies of enrollment forms are shredded approximately 30 days after a student stops receiving tuition. Many of the students who attend Tutor Planet return at a future date and email addresses remain in our ‘Contacts’ for up to 5 years so that we may periodically send promotional emails, special offers or other information which we think past students may find interesting.
Your right to erasure
Individuals can request to have their personal data deleted. Requests should be made to email@example.com or by writing to the address below.
Our website and form data
Security and performance
Tutor Planet uses a third-party service to help maintain the security and performance of the Tutor Planet website. To deliver this service it processes the IP addresses of visitors to the Tutor Planet website.
People who contact us via social media
If you send us a private or direct message via social media the message will be stored for three months. It will not be shared with any other organisations. If you perform an ‘action’ in connection with our activity on Facebook or Twitter, please refer to the privacy policies of Facebook and Twitter about how they process data.
We write and distribute our newsletters ourselves via our email firstname.lastname@example.org We do not gather statistics around email opening and clicks.
People who email us
We use Gmail. We monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send is within the bounds of the law.
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Complaints or queries
Tutor Planet tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures. This privacy notice was drafted with brevity and clarity in mind. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests for this should be sent to the address below.
If you want to make a complaint about the way we have processed your personal information, you can contact www.ico.org.uk/concerns.
Data Protection Officer
Tutor Planet has an appointed Data Protection Officer to ensure we protect the personal data of our customers and comply with data protection legislation.
If you have any questions about how Tutor Planet uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer’s team by
– phone: 01554 770900
– email: tutorplanet3@g,mail.com
– write to: Data Protection Officer, Tutor Planet, 8, West End, Llanelli, SA153DN